Old June 1st 12, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default Hopefully not off topic

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

And what the electrons do in such instalation:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ectricity.html
"
a.. It is very simple to light a building with power stolen from a
nearby radio transmitter as a farmer once proved with a barn.
b.. 1. Ensure that the building is isolated and near a powerful
transmitter
c.. 2. Fit it with a metal roof (corrugated iron works well)
d.. 3. Connect the lights between the roof and a good earth connection
e.. 4. Bask in the glow
There no the "crystal" or a diode.
What do you think. Will it be working with the diode between the light
and the roof ?

Where come from the electrons?
S*

Did you read the final comment - "I am afraid that Peter Stuart has been
misled. There is not the slightest chance of "tapping in" to the power
being radiated even from the highest power stations". That came from
someone who ran high power transmitters.

How much power input or output does a transmitter have to have in order
for it to be a "powerful" transmitter? I have a 400W transmitter around
six miles away and a 200kW transmitter around 50 miles away. Which one's
signal will be the stronger at my house?

How accurate are science based reports in the Telegraph?

And what is your opinion about Wiki:
"It is now known that this device
operated by emitting electrons from the single electrode through a
combination of field electron emission and thermionic emission. Once
liberated, electrons are strongly repelled by the high electric field near
the electrode during negative voltage peaks from the oscillating HV
output".
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Nikola_Tesla

I hope that you accept the word "electrode" in place of "antenna's end"
S*

My guess is that the quote from Wiki relates to vacuum tubes. Ah yes, it
does. Shall we put the farmer's barn into a large vacuum?

As I said ...