Old June 2nd 12, 09:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Hopefully not off topic

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

Faraday wrote in 1846 that to have the polarized waves you must use the
two or more sources.

To have the linear polarization we are using the dipole.
To have the circular polarization we are using the two dipoles.

The above is easy to "determine at a distance what kind of antenna was
used to transmit the wave."

But is the another phenomenon. The Luxembourg effect.
The dipole radiate the doubled frequency.
S*

Ah yes - the famous "is it a dipole or is it a dipole?" test. Of course,
it wouldn't discriminate between a dipole and a yagi (staggered or
phased?)

Luxembourg effect? Harmonics?

Harmonics are in string, plate, piano box etc.

Pendelum and LC circuit have the one frequency only.

LW from the dipole mast were (and are) received on MW receivers at exactly
doubled frequency.
S*