Old June 2nd 12, 09:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Hopefully not off topic

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

And what is your opinion about Wiki:
"It is now known that this device
operated by emitting electrons from the single electrode through a
combination of field electron emission and thermionic emission. Once
liberated, electrons are strongly repelled by the high electric field
near
the electrode during negative voltage peaks from the oscillating HV
output".
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Nikola_Tesla

I hope that you accept the word "electrode" in place of "antenna's end"
S*

My guess is that the quote from Wiki relates to vacuum tubes. Ah yes, it
does. Shall we put the farmer's barn into a large vacuum?

" He also used Geissler tubes"

Do you think that in air no field electron emission?
S*