Old June 6th 12, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman Irv Finkleman is offline

Default Hopefully not off topic-link

wrote in message

On 5-Jun-2012, "Sal M. O'Nella" wrote:

"Sal M. O'Nella" napisał w wiadomości

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Sal M. O'Nella"

The commercial power in my neighborhood has an asymmetric waveform.
Some of us have been saving the extra electrons on one-half-cycle.

The extra electrons flow into the ground. Like in your radios.
S*

True. However, to be of any future use, they must be captured before
this can happen. I'm keeping mine on a shelf in the back pantry. The
first box is nearly full.

A box is not the best condenser.
You should use the Leyden jar.
S*

The Leyden jar is small. Holds only a few dozen coulombs. Shoebox holds
hundreds and I already have plenty of shoeboxes, plus friends who have
shoeboxes. The lid needs to be taped down or the mutual repulsion of the
electrons will push it up and off.

I accumulate my electrons in a RubberMade Packer box all year. The box is
big and well insulated
and also holds my Field Day radio and antennas. In June, I take it to the
FD
site all charged up
and ready for Qs.
--
Ken Fowler, KO6NO

Gee! I Wish I'd thought of that. I love this group -- I learn
something new every day!

Irv VE6BP :-)