Old December 14th 03, 02:32 AM
Cecil Moore

Art Unwin KB9MZ wrote:
Is this about normal for your G5RV which is also horizontally
polarised?

Art, I had a G5RV in AZ a few years ago. I had expected an all-HF-
band antenna but that's not what I got. So I studied it to find out
what was wrong. It was designed before the WARC bands and works well
on 80m, 40m, and 20m. At the height of the sunspot cycle, you can
work the world on 10m with a coat hanger and ten watts so the losses
on 10m may not be important. But EZNEC says the SWR on 10m is about
50-60:1.

I don't use a G5RV any more but I remember most of the data I
collected. Why it works well on 80m and 40m is illustrated on
my web page.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp