Old June 13th 12, 11:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Kevin Alfred Strom Kevin Alfred Strom is offline

Default Endangered Sumatran Elephants Poisoned

On 6/12/2012 6:32 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:36:42 PM UTC-4, Truth Teller wrote:
[...] One of the more outrageous acts of cruelty reported was
that of a rancher baiting a snare with fresh deer meat which of
course attracted a cougar. It was then snared by its hind paw
and then hung upside suspended in air for 3 days until it died
of exhaustion trying to free itself. Aren't human beings
wonderful.

How about all those innocent insects you squash everytime you
walk outside or drive your car? Gee, maybe you should just lock
yourself in a safe for the rest of your miserable
gaia-worshipping life.

If upward evolution is toward higher consciousness and nobility,
then the cougar-hanger has just failed the evolutionary test. The
lowliest squirrel is a far more worthy consumer of oxygen than he.

All of us, even vegetarians like me who try to avoid causing the
death of any conscious being, inevitably evict creatures from their
homes -- and some probably die -- when we build our houses. And, as
Defcon points out, a few creatures may die the next time we walk
down the sidewalk or path, without us even being aware of it.

This should give the more evolved among us us pause to think about
what exactly we are doing with our lives on Earth, since other
creatures have suffered and died to make our lives possible. How
have I contributed to allay or minimize suffering? How have I
advanced knowledge and consciousness? What have I done to move
evolution forward and upward? What have I accomplished to help the
cause of that magical anti-entropy process called Life?

With all good wishes,

Kevin Alfred Strom.
--
http://nationalvanguard.org/