Old June 18th 12, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Edward Knobloch Edward Knobloch is offline

Default TV7D Meter from Tube Tester

Larry W4LK wrote:
The meter has died on my military TV7D tube tester. I was unsuccessful
when attempting a repair. It appears that the moving coil is open.

snip

Hi, Larry
I can't help you with a replacement meter,
but I thought you'd enjoy seeing
a website where the owner, Dieter, rewound a TV-7 meter.
Step one was to run a blowtorch over the face of the "sealed" panel meter:

http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roeh...stauration.htm

I am in awe of Dieter - what a craftsman!

There was an article in "Electric Radio" a few years ago, about a TV-7
meter replacement using an LCD panel millivoltmeter, with the proper
resistors to match the original calibration. If you need it, I will
search.

73,
Ed Knobloch