Old June 18th 12, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Sofa Slug Sofa Slug is offline

Default TV7D Meter from Tube Tester

On 6/17/2012 5:41 PM, Edward Knobloch wrote:
Larry W4LK wrote: The meter has died on my military TV7D tube
tester. I was unsuccessful when attempting a repair. It appears
that the moving coil is open.

snip

Hi, Larry I can't help you with a replacement meter, but I thought
you'd enjoy seeing a website where the owner, Dieter, rewound a TV-7
meter. Step one was to run a blowtorch over the face of the "sealed"
panel meter:

http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roeh...stauration.htm

I am in awe of Dieter - what a craftsman!

There was an article in "Electric Radio" a few years ago, about a
TV-7 meter replacement using an LCD panel millivoltmeter, with the
proper resistors to match the original calibration. If you need it, I
will search.

73, Ed Knobloch

Here's a write-up from the Texas Antique Radio Club for installing a
digital replacement:
http://www.tarc.gvtcwebspace.net/#/tv-7-meter/4562544089

If you can find another 200ua Phasotron meter, you may be able to adapt
that as outlined he http://www.n2xp.com/tv7tube.htm