Old June 20th 12, 08:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
NM5K[_4_] NM5K[_4_] is offline

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

On 6/20/2012 2:12 AM, NM5K wrote:

Saying it has less gain at a certain lower angle is more accurate in
your case. And that gain at low angles will increase as you raise the
antenna off the ground.

Ooops.. That is generally the case, but as earlier mentioned, I
actually saw less gain at 5 degrees with the hor loop at 50 ft,
than I did with it at 30 ft.. Which would likely help with
reducing your local noise. I don't know how high yours is..
But the dipole gain at low angles did increase with height
above ground.