Old June 25th 12, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

All time the electrons flow to or from the ground.

Hello Szczepan.

No, the earth doesn't act as a surface of a capacitor. Capacitors will
self-discharge even when they aren't connected to any circuit.

# My answer was to Sal. He wrote: "(Last year, I used a 20m dipole at 30
# feet, operating out of my van.
# Everything floated above ground without incident and many QSOs.)"

# The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the
second
# plate.
# S*

Just as a mental exercise, assume that the entire setup...van and antenna,
is transported to a place in space where there is negligible capacitance to
the earth.

Is it your contention that the setup would operate any differently?