Old June 25th 12, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

"Wayne" napisal w wiadomosci

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

# My answer was to Sal. He wrote: "(Last year, I used a 20m dipole at 30
# feet, operating out of my van.
# Everything floated above ground without incident and many QSOs.)"

# The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the
second
# plate.
# S*

Just as a mental exercise, assume that the entire setup...van and antenna,
is transported to a place in space where there is negligible capacitance
to the earth.

Is it your contention that the setup would operate any differently?

The Earth is in the space and the entire setup also.
The both need "neutralization" like the space-vehicle:
"Other proposed applications of large-area field emission sources[39]
include microwave generation, space-vehicle neutralization"
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_electron_emission

" Where the electrons are compacted the electrons tend to push each other
off. Where there
is a deficit of electrons, electrons are attracted from other sources".

In space is the Solar wind (ions and electrons).
S*