Old June 25th 12, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Boomer[_2_] Boomer[_2_] is offline

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

On 6/25/2012 8:12 AM, W5DXP wrote:
On Monday, June 25, 2012 2:23:22 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
The floor of the van is the plate and the surface of the Earth is the second
plate.

How about the capacitors and antennas on Voyager I and II which are still operating at the edge of the solar system?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

You see the Voyager I and II use their metal structure as one plate of
a capacitor connecting to earth. The space between is the dielectric,
just like the floor of the van. Some day when Voyager I passes another
solar system, The space between earth and Voyager making up the
dielectric will be light years wide. Without earth there could be no
radio communications anywhere else in the universe.

Plato, the Greek scientist stated very clearly that the earth was the
centre of the universe. Cecil, surely you would not presume to question
the works of a great scientist like Plato.

Michael

:-)