Old June 25th 12, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

Channel Jumper wrote:

;792380 Wrote:
Szczepan Bialek
wrote:-

"Sal M. O'Nella"
napisa? w wiadomo?ci
...-

(Last year, I used a 20m dipole at 30 feet, operating out of my van.
Everything floated above ground without incident and many QSOs.)

I value your opiniion.-

In Marconi opinion: -

Marconi was wrong, idiot.

And the topic of discussion is prevention of static build up on antennas
which requires a particular set of circumstances to occur and does NOT
happen all the time and everywhere.

You are an idiot.

Play nice - you do not want to end up like ME!
Friendless and alone.

IN THEORY - Marconi was correct.

No, Marconi was NOT correct in general and Marconi was talking about
single-ended antennas, not static build up or dipoles or loop antennas
or anything else invented the the 75 years since he died.

Marconi's remarks about antenna ground apply only to antennas working
against the Earth, e.g. a vertical antenna with no ground plane.