Old June 30th 12, 04:40 AM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle boyce View Post
yes it can and they are a better mic
Blaah -

There are web sites which explains the wiring diagram for most common microphones and transceivers.

Most of the microphones I use - Kenwood, ADI , Alinco 8 pin all uses the same basic design.

Going from top to bottom -
1 - Mic
2 - PTT
3 - Down
4 - UP
5 - + 8 VDC
6 -
7 - Mic Gnd
8 - Ground

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rg4wpw/date.html

My microphone of choice is a old Turner + 3

All that matters is that you have the MIC / PTT / Grd / Mic Grd connected correctly.

You don't need the up or down or the power as long as you have a decent 9 VDC battery.
I don't even use the high impedance - amplification.

That is on a Kenwood TS 590 - NEW!

I always get a good signal report!