Old July 1st 12, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 19:06:01 -0500, John S
wrote:

On 6/30/2012 6:55 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 18:03:53 +0200, "Szczepan Bialek"
wrote:

http://books.google.pl/books?id=caJd...page&q&f=false

On p. 301 he wrote:
"The present general opinion regards light as consisting of backward and
forward motions of particles of aether."

The aether drift theory was disproven in 1905 (as published by
Michelson and Morley):

Oops. The 1905 date should be 1887.

Actually, Jeff, I don't think it was disproven. In what world do you
maintain that lack of evidence is proof of non-existance?

Yeah, I know. Absense of proof is not proof of absensce. At the
time, it was much like dark matter. There's plenty of evidence to
suggest that it might exist, but no experimental proof.

Many scientists have produced results both postive and "lack of
evidence" for the aether drift along the way. Michelson Morley was
the first reproducable test that failed to show the existence of a
luminiferous aether wind, thus suggesting that it might be rubbish.

(By the way, I'm on their side.)

Plenty of sides to choose from. Today, the consensus is that there is
no aether wind:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_luminiferous_aether
However, if it did exist, it might help explain why I can hear a DX
station, but they never seem to hear me. Asymmetrical skip perhaps?
My signal goes easier or farther downwind?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D