Old July 1st 12, 10:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

"Jeff Liebermann" napisal w wiadomosci

Michelson Morley was
the first reproducable test that failed to show the existence of a
luminiferous aether wind, thus suggesting that it might be rubbish.

They did show that no aether wind in the orbital Earth movement.

(By the way, I'm on their side.)

Plenty of sides to choose from. Today, the consensus is that there is
no aether wind:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_luminiferous_aether

Did not you read:
"1925 - the Michelson-Gale-Pearson experiment produces a positive result
while attempting to detect the effect of Earth's rotation on the velocity of
light. The significance of the experiment remains debated to this day, but
this planetary Sagnac effect is measured by ring laser gyros and taken into
account by the GPS system."

In 1925 Michelson and Gale did show that there is the aether wind caused by
the Earth rotation.

However, if it did exist, it might help explain why I can hear a DX
station, but they never seem to hear me. Asymmetrical skip perhaps?
My signal goes easier or farther downwind?

Your ground is enough only for receiving.
S*