Old July 6th 04, 10:46 PM
Bob Liesenfeld

I have a bunch of small feedthru caps that I need to measure their Zo
to assure it's 50 +/-10 ohms. Any thoughts on how to do it? I'm going
to try to put a 50 ohm load on them and look at them with a network
analyzer. I should be able to get it's Zo from the VSWR, no? Any other
ways?

Hmmmmm....Are you sure you mean feedthrough capacitors? My
understanding of FT caps is that they are a very low Z from the
terminal(s) to ground while allowing a DC voltage to pass through. I
don't see where you are getting the 50 Ohm Z value. But, perhaps I have
missed something. More info?

Bob WB0POQ