Old July 4th 12, 10:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rob[_8_] Rob[_8_] is offline

Default Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

Ian wrote:
"John S" wrote in message
On 7/3/2012 1:09 PM, wrote:

Then why not just ignore him?

We (the group excluding Szczepan) have some good discussions.
Szczepan can be amusing in the views he puts forward. I can't work out
whether he is trying to tease us or really is confused.

I suppose there's also the hope that Szczepan might read and understand the
information that some of us are showing him. It's a bit like trying to
explain radio to a youngster except that a youngster will listen and learn.

I think it is not productive to reply to every posting with "you are
a babbling idiot". That is not going to convince him that he is, and
it just annoys the others.

When you ask him real questions, he either does not answer or he digs up
some prehistoric finding that may have been accurate at that time, but
can easily be disproven today.

For example, his theory that an antenna acts like a vacuum diode, emitting
electrons during one phase of the HF voltage and not taking them back
during the next phase, clearly must be wrong. If it were true, an antenna
would be a nonlinear element that would cause intermodulation. As we
don't see that happen on a well-designed antenna (it *does* happen when
there are bad contacts with diode-effect in the antenna), we know that
an antenna by itself cannot be nonlinear and so there cannot be a net
flow of electrons.

He cannot dispute that so he wanders of in a different direction.