Old July 4th 12, 06:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

If that were true, there would be a DC current into a transmitting antenna
fed only by HF (AC) current.
But of course there is no such DC current. If it were there, it would
mean there is nonlinearity in the antenna and there would be severe
intermodulation.

Always is the "DC" (net electron flow) from the counterpoise to end of an
antenna.
S*

Hello readers. I've had a busy day on the keyboard and my stubby fingers
are rather tired. Anyone else want to try to explain to Szczepan the
differences between DC and AC. Shall we simply say that
DC = direct current and
AC = alternating current
and there's a big and significant difference between "direct" and
"alternating"?
How about
direct = flat road
alternating = road with hills and valleys?
I think that Szczepan may understand "flat", "hills" and "valleys" but I
wouldn't care to bet on it. Maybe he'll start to quote from National
Geographic.
Wonder what would happen if he plugged his computer into a DC supply rather
than an AC supply?
73, Ian.