Old July 6th 12, 07:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
coffelt2 coffelt2 is offline

Default Help with MK II No. 19 complete set to sell

OMG, What a wonderful time we had with a complete set in the late
'40's. We called
it a "Tank set". Ours had English and Russian panel markings. The headsets,
keys, and
microphones were used on all sorts of home brew (surplus conversions) It
included a
VHF transceiver, which we actually were able to make a two way contact
between two
"tank sets". I don't recall if the frequencies were even on a Ham band.

What a wonderful whine the dynamotors emitted until the car battery
died. Had to be
sure to park on a hill to get the car started after half an hour operating
"mobile" with the included
whip antennas. W7KGV, W7MGG, W7LAN, W7FXD, W7LTQ.

Old Chief Lynn

"Vintagebob" wrote in message

I am helping an elderly gent sell of his items before going to a care
facility.

He has a Signal Corp MK II No. 19 wireless set dated Sept 1944 from
Philadelphia which he purchased in 1951 and was new then. It seems to
have every conceivable piece of equipment it could have come with.
Including the spares box with a Morse Key, variometer, signal generator,
amplifier, grill cover two sets of unused 50' cloth-covered wire, two
microphone marked #7, a power unit, head phones, brackets and much more.
It appears almost mint. NO damage or rust stored ina dry environment.

He did tell me he converted it to 120V in 1951, listened then lost
interest and put it away.

What can or should I do to sell it? Yes, I have pics of everything

--
Vintagebob