Old July 6th 12, 04:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Help with MK II No. 19 complete set to sell

coffelt2 wrote:
OMG, What a wonderful time we had with a complete set in the late
'40's. We called
it a "Tank set". Ours had English and Russian panel markings. The headsets,
keys, and
microphones were used on all sorts of home brew (surplus conversions) It
included a
VHF transceiver, which we actually were able to make a two way contact
between two
"tank sets". I don't recall if the frequencies were even on a Ham band.

The VHF transceiver fundamental can be set for the 220 Mhz ham band, but
because of the drifting and the AM modulation, they take up pretty much the
whole band. Also the spectral purity is... not exactly good. I would not
not recommend firing one up today.
--scott