Old July 7th 12, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Sal M. O'Nella" napisa? w wiadomo?ci

"tom" wrote in message
. net...
On 7/6/2012 3:46 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
napisal w wiadomosci

Do you agree that such "dipole" is the monopole?
S*

Absolutely not.

tom
K0TAR

Is this guy the ghost of Allen Funt? He has set up such an improbable
situation with his nonsense that we are unable to grasp it, so we suspend
disbelief.

Try to grasp that:

The Marconi antenna is vertical. It consists of an antena and the
counterpoise. The counterpoise can be in form of the vertical wire. So such
monopole is vertical.

No, it can not as by definition a Marconi antenna is a quarter wave, end fed
vertical fed against ground.

The "dipole" antenna with the coax and without the balun is exactly like te
above set.

No, it is not as the generally used meaning of the word "dipole" without
any qualifiers is a half wave, center fed antenna of any orientation but
MOST are oriented horizontally.

The only difference is that the second set is horizontal.

The difference is one is a quarter wave long and end fed and the other is
a half wave long and center fed.

Too difficult?

Yes, that is too difficult for an ignorant, ineducable, idiot like you to
understand.