Old July 7th 12, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. O'Nella[_2_] Sal M. O'Nella[_2_] is offline

Default Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

somebody wrote in message ...

snip

We (the group excluding Szczepan) have some good discussions.
Szczepan can be amusing in the views he puts forward. I can't work out
whether he is trying to tease us or really is confused.

Which is why I made my reference to Allen Funt of "Candid Camera." Funt
created preposterous situations and yet people tried their darndest to make
something real out of it.

I recall a car with no engine whose driver rolled it downhill into a service
station. The driver, Funt's attractive co-host, insisted that she had
driven around town all day and wanted the mechanic to check the car because
it didn't seem to have much power. In a perfect world, when the mechanic
popped the hood, he would have laughed and the "bit" would be spoiled. But
no! He tried eight ways to explain to her that she COULDN'T have been
driving around town. She just sweetly continued the hoax as several other
mechanics came over to check out the action. Classic!

Szczepan is that car with no engine and we are those mechanics. :-)

73,
"Sal"