Old July 8th 12, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
G.Shepherd G.Shepherd is offline

Default new zealand cb

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:57:29 -0500, John H. Guillory
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 10:03:10 -0700 (PDT), Russ
wrote:

[-On Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:49:42 AM UTC+8, G. Shepherd wrote:
[- new zealand hf cb has now eighty channels which include 1 to 40
[- (26.300 to 26.770) and also Australia/usa 1 to 40 .New zealand
new
[- caledonia/Australia have alos got forty uhf cb channels from
[- 477.400.New Zealand has eighty.The usual forty and then another
forty
[- with 12.5 spacing.The first forty are at 25kc spacing
[-
[-Australia has the same as New Zealand in the UHF CB band 80
channels.
[-Cheers
Gosh darn it! If America's CB Radio was like some of the other
countries CB Radios, it'd be a whole lot more fun! So does the
average Austrailian CB support both UHF and HF channels? Also, do you
have AM, FM, and Single Side Band support on your radios? I'd love to
see a youtube video of talking on a typical Austrailian CB with both
UHF and HF bands. New Zealand would be cool too! In fact, would love
to make a page on my web site comparing CB radio in various countries.
My website (http://www.roachguts.org/) is presently down, but will be
up this wednesday, when my girlfriend gets paid if you'd like to se
about it... I've got lots of changes ready to upload to the server
the moment I pay the fee... I uploaded a video of my Cobra 29 LTD BT
and Ranger RIT 2950DX (though the Ranger needs an antenna, so it's
just displaying 28.0000 for now...) I'll order the antenna Wednesday
for the Ranger, then a week or so later, I should be on 10m and 12m,
assuming my club can re-give me my General Class test (due to a minor
mistake on their part). No biggie, I past it once, I can pass it
again... Just that time factor that's bugging me....

.................................................. ............
Neither Australia or new zealand cb sets have hf/uhf radios in one
(well not that i know of anyway)and only fm is on uhf...26/27mhz both
have am and ssb.
I am going to import a uhf mobile from China and it covers 400 to
490mhz.
New Zealand was first to allow eighty uhf cb channels then Australia
followed ( i think) but Australia has yet to allow use on 26mhz.
I prefer to have a uhf radio that i can program myself and also have a
wider range of freq's.A similar situation with hf cb,I don't want to
be limited to just eighty channels,i want to be able to tx/rx
elsewhere.It is so quiet and boring here on 11mtrs at the moment.Most
people including the idiots have gone up to uhf cb. The standard uhf
cb radios here in new zealand are way overpriced for what they can
do.Heck a person just needs to go to the alibaba.com site just to see
some of the great prices there