Old July 8th 04, 05:21 AM
PDRUNEN

Default magic band and baby monitors

Hi Group,

I have a Icom 706 and dipole up for the 6 meter band. In scanning the band
just before 50MHz I hear a few baby monitors.

Assuming that I am running 100 watts and the dipole on SSB, will the parents
hear my signal or do baby monitor manufacturers know that hams are just above
this band and put filtering on the input?

If so, I guess that I could switch modes to FM and talk to them. I see a
simple modifications for the rig to allow out of band transmission but I am a
bit lazy to open the rig up and do it. I would like to get on the new 60meter
band which the 706 gxII does not have as open transmit.