Old July 10th 12, 08:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

napisał w wiadomości
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Ian Jackson" napisal w
wiadomosci

In the past, many amateurs did connect coax directly to a dipole.

And what they do if they have the monopole?

Connect it with coaxial transmission line, idiot.

If the monopole has only one radial it is exactly as the your dipole.
Right?

And what if somebody have the monopole with the radials?

Since a monopole with radials is an unbalanced load, there is no current
flow on the outside of the coax, idiot.

But your "dipole" is exactly like the monopole with the one radial.

The twin feeder ensure the electrical symmetry.

Yes, it does, as does a balancing device and coax transmission line,
idiot.

Are you sure?

I know that in the coax screen something is induced. But I am sure that
such "dipole" is not electrically symmetrical.

He is then assuming that if the coax screen is at zero RF potential
where
it is connected to the other leg of the dipole, then the other leg of
the
dipole is also at zero RF potential (and doesn't radiate). This is
wrong.

I am sure that the other leg radiate almost nothing.

In Hertz time all scientists investigate which part of the Hertz
apparature
radiate.

In Hertz's time the instruments to measure the voltages, currents, and
fields didn't exist.

In Faraday's time the all was measured. The only difference was in the
electrons name. Faraday's name for the electric particle was "nuclei".
S*