Old July 11th 12, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default common mode current

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

In English the Ham dipole is the same as the two wires where one is
connected to the live conductor and the second to the bride.
In Polish the Ham dipole consist of the radiator and counterpoise.
So the correct name for such aerial is "diwire".

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

In summary Marconi is right.
S*

Hello Szczepan.
Oh dear! A dipole is a dipole regardless of the country in which it is used,
be it the UK, the USA or Poland. Seems that you still do not understand a
dipole.

If you want to believe that radio hasn't progressed since the days of
Marconi then that is fine by me. You'll be wrong but I can live with that.

Regards, Ian.