Old July 10th 04, 12:18 AM
John Miles

In article ,
says...
What possible use does a HP 10811-6011 Crystal Oscillator have in a
homebrew project. I came across one of these but don'y really know
what to do with it. I hate to toss it out.

These oscillators are much more stable than TCXOs used in ham equipment,
but they are not always directly comparable. A TCXO will be stable from
the moment it's powered on, while an OCXO like the 10811 will be very
far off frequency until it warms up, which may take 2-3 minutes.

Most ham applications do not need the extra stability offered by an
OCXO. Test equipment is the primary application for these devices.

If you toss it out, feel free toss it this way.

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam