Old July 10th 04, 09:03 PM
John Miles

In article rKXHc.53423$MB3.51741@attbi_s04,
says...
I was the project manager of the 5334B frequency counter.
It had an option to have a 10811 timebase. The standard
timebase, which I inherited from the 5334A design was
embarassingly bad, barely able to do 10 PPM. Unfortunately,
you cannot retrofit a 10811 to a 5334, because you need an
extra PC board. This board is required to be able to put
the 10811 on its side, because there isn't enough height for
it.

Interesting. Could you shed some light on the timebase used in the
8566B and related analyzers circa 1984? The one I'm looking at doesn't
appear to be the standard 10544 or 10811 unit. I've never run across
one of these before in any other HP instruments. Is it just a
repackaged 10811?

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam