Old July 10th 04, 10:23 PM
hamaddict

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:48:39 GMT, "Rick Karlquist N6RK"
wrote:

I was the project manager of the 5334B frequency counter.
It had an option to have a 10811 timebase. The standard
timebase, which I inherited from the 5334A design was
embarassingly bad, barely able to do 10 PPM. Unfortunately,
you cannot retrofit a 10811 to a 5334, because you need an
extra PC board. This board is required to be able to put
the 10811 on its side, because there isn't enough height for
it.

The gray market in used HP/Agilent test equipment is
really hurting Agilent in some products. My old division no
longer exists. I now work at Agilent Labs.

Rick N6RK

project manager for the
"John Walton" wrote in message
One of the great things which the telecom bust did was to make the

equipment
you designed at HP available to us experimenters -- I use my HP3586C
Receiver's ovenized oscillator to drive my HP5334 frequency counter

Rick,

The 10811 that I have has a decal on it that reads "upgraded to series
3010". Do you know what that means?

thanks,
Lefty