Old July 26th 12, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default UK earthling - was: Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

Here you are the simple:
http://www.ac-grenoble.fr/yre/agency...e/rap-nuc2.htm

Are the dipole elements symmetrical?
It seems that one of them is a counterpoise.
S*

Wiki says that a rectenna is "a dipole antenna with a diode connected across
the dipole elements".
A dipole is a balanced, symmetrical aerial and does not have a counterpoise.
I can't be responsible for you being unable to understand what
"symmetrical", "balanced" and "counterpoise" mean. I can suggest / recommend
that you acquire a reference book on aerials from the ARRL or RSGB. You'd
find them immensely helpful.
Regards, Ian.