Old July 27th 12, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default UK earthling - was: Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

"Rob" napisał w wiadomości
Szczepan Bialek wrote:
I don't care what people have written in the 19th century. Please
stop bringing that up. I am only interested in how things are
explained today.

Everything was discovered in XIX (for the radio):

But then later it was found that the first discoveries were not
entirely correctly described.

EM was "correctly" described by Heaviside and Pointing in XIX century before
the Hertz experiment.

"The electrical waves produced by the oscillations at A traveled along
the
wires and were reflected at the far ends. Lodge knew that the longer
spark
at B3 was due to what he called the "recoil impulse" or "recoil kick" at
the
end of the wires where the waves were reflected.[4] At spark gap B3 both
the
incident wave and the reflected wave had their maximum values and were in
phase. This produced a voltage twice as large as the voltage at spark gap
A.
From: http://www.antiquewireless.org/otb/lodge1102.htm

Is it still true?

A reflected wave along a nonterminated transmission line will result in
doubled voltage at the open end.

Not always. The "nonterminated transmission line" may be the Lodge's wire or
Your antenna (short dipole).
In your antenna the electrons are not reflected and do not destroy your
transmitter. They JUMP OFF Periodically = pressure waves.
Do not write that I claim it. It is the explanation by Faraday, Lorenz,
Tesla and Dirac. The all is in the each textbooks. But in different chapters
(lessons).

If yes, than you must admit that the leakage must be stronger at "recoil
kick" when the voltage is doubled.
"So there is the unsymmetrical flow of electrons." Do you agree?

But here you are talking complete hogwash again. The effect you describe
above has nothing to do with leakage or unsymmetrical flow of electrons.

In each textbooks is the Richardson equation. The electron field emission is
voltage and temperature dependent.

Do you understand the Pointing explanation that nothing if flowing in the
conductor?

For me: " But then later it was found that the first (Pointing) discoveries
were not
entirely correctly described."
S*