Old July 27th 12, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default UK earthling - was: Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

"Rob" napisał w wiadomości
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Here you are the simple:
http://www.ac-grenoble.fr/yre/agency...e/rap-nuc2.htm

Are the dipole elements symmetrical?

Yes

Mechanically.
Also electrically?

It seems that one of them is a counterpoise.

Why? I see symmetrical elements.

I see that the voltages are not symmetrical when the diode shines.
I bet that is the such orientation vs a oven that is the symmetry and no
shine.

What you can also see here is that this is another example of what
I wrote earlier: there is a circle in the schematic starting at the
diode where you can go around with DC current and end at the same
point.
This circle is where the DC current flows, not from the elements into
the air.

From Maxwell's time all circuits are closed. So sometimes the current must
flow in the air. Of course sometimes is enough if only part flows in the
air. It is the leakage.
At HF the leakage is rather large.
S*