Old July 27th 12, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W5DXP W5DXP is offline

Default UK earthling - was: Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

On Friday, July 27, 2012 11:57:54 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Why you do not like the electrons?

I don't dislike electrons and have a bunch of them in my body. Without free electrons, antennas wouldn't be able to radiate photons.

For what you need the next " the equivalent of current flow".

Technically, current is defined as the movement of charged particles. Since photons don't carry an electric charge, they technically don't meet the definition. But since current flow implies energy transfer and photons are capable of energy transfer, one can come up with the concept of "equivalent current" corresponding to photon movement. Thus the "current flow" through a capacitor is explained by photon flow rather than displacement current.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com