Old July 28th 12, 08:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default UK earthling - was: Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

"W5DXP" napisal w wiadomosci
On Friday, July 27, 2012 11:57:54 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Why you do not like the electrons?

I don't dislike electrons and have a bunch of them in my body. Without free
electrons, antennas wouldn't be able to radiate photons.

For what you need the next " the equivalent of current flow".

Technically, current is defined as the movement of charged particles. Since
photons don't carry an electric charge, they technically don't meet the
definition. But since current flow implies energy transfer and photons are
capable of energy transfer, one can come up with the concept of "equivalent
current" corresponding to photon movement. Thus the "current flow" through
a capacitor is explained by photon flow rather than displacement current.

"Energy transfer": "Umov was the first who introduced in physics such basic
concepts as speed and direction of movement of energy,".
" In his first works of this period, Umov considered potential energy as
kinetic energy of some environments "imperceptible for us"."
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolay_Umov

Photons as the wave packet transfer the energy in the same way as the sound
waves.
In radars are "pulses". Light is not coherent. It consists of pulses or
photons. The same is in sonars.

For what you need the new "photons".
S*