Old July 28th 12, 10:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rob[_8_] Rob[_8_] is offline

Default UK earthling - was: Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

Szczepan Bialek wrote:
And of course, no current is going to flow into the open-circuit at the end
of the dipole so the total energy in the magnetic field at that point is
zero.

You assume that there no field electron emission. Why?

Because if it was there, you would see the sparks and corona effects.

Each your antennas are the electron emitter:
"How would the ideal field emitter look like? It should be very long and
very thin, made of conductive material with high mechanical strength, be
robust, and cheap and easy to process". From:

Of course we all know that antennas exist that are not long and thin,
and still work very well. Well, we all know that except you the stubborn
Pole.