Old July 28th 12, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W5DXP W5DXP is offline

Default UK earthling - was: Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

On Saturday, July 28, 2012 3:58:40 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
You assume that there no field electron emission. Why?

Please don't tell me what I am assuming because you are invariably wrong. As I (and Richard Feynman) have told you before, the fields emitted by electrons consist of photons. Electrons escaping a transmitting antenna are a non-coherent corona discharge. Photons escaping a transmitting antenna are coherent RF energy.

Back in the early 20th century when spark gap transmitters were being used, the spark gap function, like lightning, generated non-coherent photons which filled the RF spectrum. Nowadays, a CW signal is mostly coherent with a small amount of non-coherence associated with the transient rise and fall times.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com