Old July 12th 04, 04:18 PM
Rick Karlquist N6RK

AFAIK, the 3010 sticker has nothing to do with the thermal
fuse issue. The thermal fuse was a debacle from the get go.
If your fuse fails, just replace it with a piece of wire. Ovens
very rarely run away. It is far more likely the fuse will fail
or its socket will corrode (can't solder it in because the solder
would melt the fuse). If the oven does run away, the heater
transistors will open up and serve as fuses.

Rick N6RK

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
The 10811 that I have has a decal on it that reads "upgraded to series
3010". Do you know what that means?

Lefty-

The 10811-60111 that came in my used HP 5334B counter, had a blown thermal
fuse. Upon considerable investigation, I found that it was a common

problem
and had been addressed by HP, using fuse with a higher temperature rating.

It
is possible that your 3010 refers to the thermal fuse upgrade.

Incidentally, the going price for a used 10811-60111 was around $100 a

couple
of years ago. I trusted a guy and ended up with a second unit that also

had a
blown thermal fuse!

73, Fred, K4DII