Old August 1st 12, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] hallicrafter@collins.net is offline

Default Zanzibar B.C. 11735 kHz good signal today

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:38:09 -0400, dxAce

Good stable signal (S5) today from Zanzibar on 11735 kHz at 2055 UTC
with long Arabic tune then drum interval signal and ID. Late abrupt
s/off at 2102 UTC.

You might have heard them at some time even later than that when they go into
the "Spice FM" programming.

Much different music, more modern I suppose. I've heard them as late as 2115
or so within the the last couple of months or so.

Most times I listen because I like their regular music, they have something
they use, and I'm not sure if it is a keyboard type instrument or not, but I
am always intrigued by the melodic nature of it.

Think they had just gone into the Spice FM part and they cut the
transmitter after starting another song.

I just started listening to them and I do like some of the music. I
think that is some sort of keyboard instrument that they play - or
maybe its one of those lamellophones. Have to look on Youtube.

Jim