Old August 7th 12, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe from Kokomo[_2_] Joe from Kokomo[_2_] is offline

Default Geo- magnetic storm in progress

On 8/2/2012 3:43 PM, Beloved Leader wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2012 3:24:52 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/kp_3d.html Kp=5 Jim (MI)

Using binoculars, I saw a huge sunspot at sunrise this morning, which
for me was right after 6:00 a.m. outside Washington, DC. It looked
like the transit of Venus. Really, it was that large and noticeable.

The atmosphere was so humidity-laden that I could look at the sun
through the binoculars without any needing any glass from a welder's
mask. YMMV.

I hope you realize that amongst the rods and cones on your retina, there
are NO pain receptors.

It is really easy to damage your retina and not realize it -- and
looking through a telescope or binoculars without a solar filter (not
depending on clouds) can quickly cause serious damage.

NEVER look at the sun without a solar filter. Do NOT depend on clouds or
fog.

Oh, did I mention NEVER?