Old August 14th 12, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default The Golden Age of Radio: back on topic

In article , J G Miller wrote:
On Tuesday, August 7th, 2012, at 10:14:15 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote:
but then again I also always liked Johnny Dollar, which is kind of
cheesy but still great fun.

I have heard some of those, and yes you are right, cheesy but fun.
Another similar show to that is Richard Diamond, Private Detective.

I didn't like Richard Diamond quite as much. But there is a huge universe
of stuff out there which is more or less forgotten today and I think that is
a shame.

There is an old time radio newsgroup still, isn't there?

alt.radio.oldtime, but not at all active except for messages from the
anti-semite conspiracy theory fringe who are now trying to muscle in
on this newsgroup.

Hmm... I don't see any posts at all in there. I gather from the limited
headers that you posted there that it's junk coming from Google Groups.
You may want to talk to your usenet admin about dumping all posts from
Google Groups... an increasing number of people are doing that and it pretty
much eliminates all the spam. Google's usenet service seems to be run
unattended.
--scott