Old July 16th 04, 04:04 AM
Andrew VK3BFA

Gregg wrote in message news:gjBJc.58285$eO.20454@edtnps89...
Behold, J M Noeding signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:26:54 GMT, "Rick Karlquist N6RK"
wrote:

The filters in my article were purchased in 1995. Note that they are
10.7 MHz, not 455 kHz. Ceramic filters are alive and well and still
available at Digikey and Mouser.

Rick N6RK

Believe he mentioned a problem that they could go "hydroscopic" in
Australia?

Then he lives in Adelaide - same weather as Vancouver, RAIN!

Nope, live in Melbourne - Adelaide is very dry! - Melbourne is
miserably damp in winter - but we have had a drought for 10 years so
its not!.

Rick amended my statement, my experience was with 455Khz ones -
hopefully the 10.7Mhz ones are better and no doubt manufacturing
methods have improved in the last 30 years. Well worth a try -
although there has been so much published on using computer xtals to
do the same job is it worth the effort - depends on whats available I
guess!

73 de VK3BFA Andrew