Old September 2nd 12, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W5DXP W5DXP is offline

Default My 80 meter loop antenna

On Saturday, September 1, 2012 10:08:23 AM UTC-5, Boomer wrote:
I was shocked to see my antenna change tune radically.

An antenna analysis program like EZNEC would have predicted those results. Since the SWR, Z0, and losses are different going from 450 ohm ladder-line to 600 ohm open-wire line, the 50 ohm SWR and impedance will be different at the shack. There's absolutely nothing to be shocked about - it's just relatively simple physics in action. Here's a transmission line calculator that might help:

http://www.vk1od.net/calc/tl/tllc.php

A free demo (learning) version of EZNEC is available at: www.eznec.com
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com