Old July 16th 04, 11:32 AM
Paul Burridge

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:03:47 +0100, Paul Burridge
wrote:

THanks again. I note your comments but will try a couple of other
things first, whilst the initial assembly is still in one piece. One
such idea is the doubling or trippling of the supply voltage alone.
Does anyone know by how much it's safe to increase the 1.5V supply to
the mic insert and whether that might also cause distortion?

I've taken it up to 3V and there's a marked improvement in gain, at
any rate. I can live with it now. I'll still try the other ideas folks
here have had, though!

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.