Old December 15th 03, 07:36 PM
CW

If it weren't possible, millions of dollars of radio equipment would go up
in smoke every year. There are places that, if you have a tower, you WILL
get hit on a regular basis. If you would like to know something about it, do
a search on this group for Gary Coughman. Also, take a look at the
Polyphaser web site. Before you start accusing someone of not knowing what
they are talking about, you would be well advised to ensure that it is not
you that is ignorant.

"Andy Cowley" wrote in message
CW wrote:

Effective lightning protection can be done in the amatuer station for a
reasonable cost. Most though, don't do so.
"Andy Cowley" wrote in message

As I understand it, there is nothing that can work if
a direct lightening strike occurs.

How? How do you deal with thousands of amps? It's for certain sure that
a simple spark gap will be blown to kingdom come in the first millisecond,
so what happens in the next millisecond? and the one after...........

I think your method must be untried, untested and 'whistling in the dark'.

Andy, M1EBV