Old July 17th 04, 07:26 AM
Martin

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in message
And the difference between that and a CB licence is......?

No CB licence in Australia!!!

Seriously, the Aus. Foundation Licence will require limited Regs and similar
theory as the UK Foundation licence. It will give access to 80m (less DX
window), 40m, 15m, 10m, 2m and 70cm, at 10W PEP, voice or hand sent CW only
(umm, with no CW test that is..), unmodified commercial equipment only.

And, for those taht haven't heard yet but are interested (for whatever
reason):

Then we'll step up to the 'Standard' licence, which is our current Novice...
Some slight reduction in theory and again, no CW exam, but all bands for
foundation PLUS 20m, top half of 6m, 2m, 70cm, 23cm, 13cm and 6cm, at 100W
PEP, may construct own equipment.

Last will be our Advanced, which will be our current full call, limited and
intermediate. Again no CW but full regs and slightly more theory, all
bands, 400W PEP, etc, etc, etc...

Cheers

Martin, VK2UMJ

"Marty" wrote in message
PS - Our proposed Foundation Licence which should come in next year will
only permit the use of "unmodified transmitting equipment of commercial
manufacture" with 10W PEP, however antenna experimentation will still be
permitted....