Old September 10th 12, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
NM5K[_4_] NM5K[_4_] is offline

Default 20m Field Day Quad

On 9/10/2012 12:14 AM, wrote:

This is Sal again. I don't know where my login data went.

I dropped out as club FD Chairman. It wasn't fun any more. I was so happy when I assembled the last of the material I needed to report to ARRL.

"Sal"

A man has to know his limitations.. :| chortle...

I was up at the dirt patch a couple of weeks ago, and my 80/40 antenna
is pretty much trashed.. And the coax was pretty much gone..
It started raining, so I left before I could do more investigating..
At first I thought someone stole it.. But then I noticed random
pieces of coax laying on the ground.. I think critters, probably
squirrels, must have ate it.. I'll have to look more when I'm
back up there later..
But I know I'm going to have to redo everything, including new
coax if I want to continue to jibber jabber on the radio when I'm
there.
I plan to go back up there around the end of October.
One reason I think it was squirrels, is they had been eating off
areas of coax jacket in the past.. I'd have to wrap chewed up areas
with electrical tape to keep the water out.
I may have to coat my coax with something squirrels don't like.