Old December 15th 03, 07:51 PM
Cecil Moore

Andy Cowley wrote:
All good stuff, Cecil, but I'd say that was lightening avoidance
not protection. I still don't believe there is an effective method
of lightening protection for an amateur station that will accept a
direct strike and survive. Even your method would probably result
in a fried antenna ;-) Hope you never find out!

I've been back in Texas for about 5 years now and the only thing
that has gotten fried was a five-foot-tall live oak tree, the
shortest thing around. Go figure. It's still struggling to stay
alive with half its branches dead and a burn mark down the trunk.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp