Old September 11th 12, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Shunt vs. Series Feed

In article ,
Richard Fry wrote:

the argument that the slant wire to the tower adversely modifies the
antenna pattern doesn't seem to hold up in theory or practice.

Linked below is a clip from "Radio Antenna Engineering" by Edmund Laport,
which does show some pattern effects from shunt feeding a monopole.

And, if you'd like to refer back to Laport's original text in more
detail, it's available as a free BitTorrent or HTTP download, or in an
inexpensive printed form. I scanned a copy and converted it to PDF a
few years ago, after I was able to confirm that it has reverted to the
public domain.

You can get the PDF version from Lulu's servers, at

http://www.lulu.com/shop/edmund-lapo...-17560294.html

If you want a printed copy, Lulu will do a "print on demand" at their
usual per-page-and-cover cost (I've waived any royalty, and they don't
charge a commission - this helps keep the cost down):

http://www.lulu.com/shop/edmund-lapo...ct-188778.html

If you'd prefer to Torrent it, go to my own server to find the control
file:

http://snulbug.mtview.ca.us/books/Ra...naEngineering/

--
Dave Platt AE6EO