Old September 21st 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
NM5K[_4_] NM5K[_4_] is offline

Default WTK: Shortwave Recommendations Antenna for IC-706MKII

On 9/19/2012 11:11 PM, ultravista wrote:

The IC-706 has two coaxial antenna ports and I am looking for antenna
suggestions for monitoring shortwave. I live in a house and have the
ability to string just about anything up.

Just about anything will work. Down to a simple random length of wire
stuck in the center conductor of the HF port, and draped around the
living area or yard.